Friday, July 12, 2013

A hint of God

Being summer time and a little short-staffed, I took a team of six patients today. I heard an annoying IV beeping down the hall and went in to take care of the problem.

While I was fixing it, the patient asked me if he could eat.  I looked up at the white board to see who his nurse was and called her to see if this seemingly starving patient may indeed eat since it sounded as though he just returned from a test. She told me that yes he could and that she was working on getting him a tray at that very moment.  I relayed this bit of information to him saying that God answers prayers, washed my hands, and began exiting his room.

The granddaughter dryly said, "I don't think God meddles in our lives."

With a smile, I turned back around to them and coyly responded, "Actually, he probably already does, you just don't realize it."

No comments:

Post a Comment